Here is a story about the chemical industry and how important chemical free personal care products are as part of not only your 14 Day (or 28 Day) Smart Cleanse 3-4 times a year, but always to ensure your long term health now and in the future…. I also have a wonderful story on courage and healing.
Its not until you experience a family member, loved one or someone close to you go through cancer or long standing health issues, that you finally note that this chemical world we live in, is the culprit and one greatly unconfirmed experiment that can take precious lives! That and and stress hormones.
I know what this feels like as many of you may not know but my beautiful Mother had a recent scare.... but is well on her way to almost fully recovering from stage 3 ovarian cancer, and has been on a huge cleanse along with 7 chemo treatments so far. Im so damn proud of her! It’s no doubt a tough 3 months but sometimes adversity of any kind can make us stronger, healthier and be the biggest blessing in disguise .. She’s been beyond brave and positive.
The first thing she did was make a radical shift with her diet and lifestyle, eating fully organic, along with lifestyle modification cutting out all wine and caffeine, and with personal care and household products switching to chemical free and organic.
I got her following Smart Cleanse diet and detoxification rules all the way so her body could heal, gave her some NLP and medication techniques, and yep you guessed it walked through her pantry and bathroom replacing the chemical products with organic chemical-free ones. The amazing part was people were commenting on how healthy and young she looked! (And that’s wearing a high fashion, beautifully styled wig too). Amazing. What a strong woman! I love her with all my heart.
It sounds hard but there are so many awesome chemical-free products out there to choose from, its such an easy switch with the peace of mind knowing that you are not consuming unnecessary and I hate to say carcinogenic chemicals!
Did you know that
* There are over 100,000 synthetic chemicals in commerce today
* Only a handful of synthetic chemicals have even been tested for human health impacts and NONE have been tested for synergistic health impacts.
* In the U.S. the industry admits to releasing over 4 billion pounds of toxic chemicals a year.
* In the 21st century the chemical industry established its importance in national economies and grew to about USD3.7 trillion in sales. The chemical industry is big business, no doubt!
Since your body chemistry was not designed to deal with the onslaught of man-made chemicals, and they have no role in your chemistry anyway, they unfortunately are not fully metabolised and slowly stockpile and bio-accumulate for years. 14 Day Smart Cleanse to the rescue!
And one last piece that I find so interesting…
“Of the more than 80,000 chemicals in commerce, only a small percentage of them have ever been screened for even one potential health effect, such as cancer, reproductive toxicity, developmental toxicity or the impact on the immune system. Among the approximately 15,000 tested, few have been studied enough to correctly estimate potential risks from exposure. Even when testing is done, each chemical is tested individually rather than in the combinations that one is exposed to in the real world. In reality, no one is ever exposed to a single chemical but to a chemical soup, the ingredients of which may interact to cause unpredictable health effects.” - Coming Clean Campaign.
Now the empowering part you can choose your exposure to a degree, by cutting down with the important ones and its commercial toothpaste, tap water, body washes, shampoo and conditioner, deodorants, moisturisers, cosmetics, perfumes. I know you may not want to cut out all so maybe you could just reduce your exposure by 50% and choose some commercial and some organic, chemical free. Its up to you… but so worth giving your body a break here and there.
Here are some products and the chemicals to be more aware of.
* Commercial Toothpaste like Colgate for example: contains Triclosan which is used in toothpaste as an antibacterial agent, but has been proven to be completely unnecessary and is also linked to changes in hormone function, liver and kidney damage, and is a suspected carcinogen. Thats just one carcinogenic chemicals of the 19 in toothpaste that the FDA have now banned.
* Commercial body washes, shampoo and conditioner: Sulphates, (SLS/SLES), EDTA, Parabens, Propolyene glycol, Harsnh petrochemicals, Triethanolamine, Synthetic fragrances, Artificial colours, Palm oil, PEGs all possible carcinogens.
* Deodorants: Aluminium compounds, Parabéns, Steareths, Triclosan, Propylene glycol, TEA and DEA, Artificial colours…
Okay enough of horror story… I dont like horror either, but it certainly sounds like man has interfered too much with nature. I’m more into comedy, romance and documentaries, so here is my solution if you are looking to reduce exposure to chemicals lurking in commercial personal care products.
These are some of the chemical free personal care brands that I use that you can buy from Woollies or any health food shop.
Thank You Body Wash: Woolworths or online https://thankyou.co
Crystal Essence Deodorant or health food shops around Australia http://www.shopnaturally.com.au/crystal-essence-natural-deodorant.html
Dr Organic Toothpaste or health food shops around Australia https://drorganic.co.uk
Hope this helps! Here to answer any questions about which products to buy...