Rissoles are one of the most popular foods out there, perfect for a snack or even a meal. If you’re trying to eat better, you may be on the lookout for a healthy rissoles recipe so you can indulge in your favorite dish without sacrificing your new diet.
Luckily, rissoles are such a versatile meal, it’s easy to add in extra nutrient-packed ingredients to make delicious beef rissoles guaranteed to nourish your body while also treating your tastebuds.
The trick is adding in a hearty blend of herbs and vegetables with some healthy condiments to amp up flavor without adding extra fats, carbs, or sugars. Toss in a side salad, and you’ll have a balanced meal popping with flavor and nutrition.
The healthy rissoles below are super easy to make, and they’re sure to be a hit at your next party.
Veggie Loaded Rissoles
Carbs per serve 10g
- 1/4 bunch kale
- 200g beef mince
- 40g red onion (1/4 red onion)
- 90g carrot, (1 carrot)
- 3 tbpsn flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbspn organic tomato paste
- 1 egg yolk
- 15g pine nuts
- Oil spray
- 2 tbspn soya mayo
- Lemon wedges
- Lightly toast pine nuts to replace bread crumbs in this recipe, then finely grind into a pine crumb in a mortar and pestle.
- Finely chop kale, red onion, flat leaf parsley.
- Grate carrot in a julienne or normal grater.
- Pour beef mince into a bowl along with all ingredients and then start to mix with clean hands, rolling into small balls.
- Spray a hot pan with olive oil spray and gently press rissoles until a touch flatter.
- Cook on medium high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- 160g cos lettuce
- 50g radicchio
- 30g carrot
- 40g beetroot
- 60g cherry tomato.
- 25g avocado
- 25g radish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbspn of olive oil
- Get all salad ingredients into a bowl, mix together, and dress.
- Serve with rissoles, dollop of soy mayo and lemon wedges.
You can substitute beef for other meats like lamb, chicken, or turkey if you prefer or if it’s better for your personal nutritional needs.
Whatever type of rissoles you choose, however, the addition of plenty of healthy veggies and herbs will add a boost of nutrition to this perennial favorite!