After a quick and tasty lunch or dinner for the whole family or just for your or the two of you? Then this Japanese sesame seared tuna salad is set to impress. The Japanese inspired dressing with lime and sesame really brings this dish to life and the good fats in it are super important when in ketosis (state of fat-burning).
This salad serves 2 and contains just 12.75g of carbs per serve. Perfect meal just over your per meal carb budget during week 1 and week 2 of your 14 Day Smart Cleanse detox and weight loss program and full of enzymes, vitamins, and minerals with all that raw veg.
Now during the cook, the trick is that you must cook the sesame crusted tuna steak quickly on high heat so its crisp on the outside and raw on the inside. 1 - 2 minutes max each side.
What's your favourite Japanese dish? This is certainly one of mine.
SESAME SEARED TUNA WITH JAPANESE SALAD
2 tuna steaks (155g each)
2 tbspn sesame seeds
1 tbspn tamari
1 tspn organic wasabi
1/2 iceberg lettuce (200g)
4 baby cucumbers (100g)
1 red radish (50g)
1 carrot (70g)
1/2 stalk green shallot
1/4 red onion (60g)
1/4 red cabbage (100g)
2 tbspn lime juice
1 tbspn lemon
1 tbspn tamari
1 tspn sesame oil
2 tbspn coconut sugar
1/2 tspn sesame paste
1/4 tspn ginger
1. Wisk all dressing ingredients together in a bowl
2. Finely slice iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, baby cucumber, red onion, shallots
3. Grate carrot then combine all ingredients
4. Pour dressing on top
5. Cut tuna into cubes and roll it in sesame seeds
6. Heat pan and add sesame oil & olive oil
7. Sear tuna in pan turning every 1 - 2 mins so outside is golden but raw in the middle. Don't over cook it.
8. Serve with chopped avocado and salad and pour dressing over salad and tuna.
9. Serve with tamari and organic wasabi. Enjoy!